Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Here are the rules to the tag:
(1) Link back to the person who tagged you
(2) Post these rules on your blog
(3) Share 6 things about yourself
(4) Tag people at the end of your blog
And here we go:
1) I can't get enough TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack---I can't even bring myself to purchase clothes that are actual retail price in normal stores. I like to convince myself (and Keith) that it's okay to shop as much as I do because I always get "such a great deal" :) --hence our new strict shopping budget.
2) I really desire to be a tough outdoorsy girl ---I even got Chaco sandals for my birthday and we have a ridiculous amount of camping/backpacking stuff...truth be told I am just not that cool. Just ask the van Anrooys and Strates about my amazing hiking at Mt. Rainer! HA!
3) I wish I was as organized in reality as I am in my mind---if my great ideas could be implemented and sustained I would have a tidy house and so much more time in each day!
4) One of my favorite tv shows is John and Kate Plus 8 (I like to watch the marathon days and get all caught up at once). Second only to So You Think You Can Dance--- which I look forward to all year! You guys, seriously, it's THE BEST---man I wish I was a dancer!!!
5) Dusting is my least favorite chore. Someday I hope to have enough money to have my house cleaned for me (I wish!) ...just thinking about cleaning it makes me feel a little angry inside (maybe I'm just lazy---I don't know)
6) I try to complete one Sudoku puzzle a day.
Tag you're it: Leah Hoogland and Katie Boggs
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Keith and I just returned from our big summer vacation to Las Vegas!!! Thanks to two timeshare meetings much of our trip was paid for which always makes for an enjoyable time (fyi if you ever have a timeshare meeting don't tell the lady who gives you the free stuff that that is the only reason you are there---makes her a little angry). Even though we didn't "win big" :( we still had a great trip! We stayed at the Sahara which is pretty far from the main strip area so we did ALOT of walking and man it was HOT! Average temps in the low 100's although it was "cool" for this season being that it had rained before we got there, once during our stay and was mostly overcast. The last day was the only full day of sun which was perfect because we had seen all the sights and spent all our money so it was a great "read by the pool" sort of day. Here are a few of the pictures from our adventure.
Fake Trevi fountain
I loved Caesar's Palace best because it reminded me of Rome!
Secretly Keith wishes he was a street performer---he could watch them all day and be completely happy. Here he is after watching this man make spray paint art (he actually wanted to buy one but they didn't have any golf scenes).
This was taken our first night in Vegas just before a water show---see that gold "O" on the right side? That is the Cirque du Soleil show was got to see on Wed.---7th row!!! It was fantastic! They did all this crazy air and water acrobatics and diving, it was so worth our money!
Chocolate fountain and Bald Eagle display at the Bellagio---yum! The current theme at this hotel is America and I love a good patriotic tribute but couldn't really capture it on my camera.
In front of New York New York. I REALLY wanted to ride the roller coaster here but it cost $14 per person for one ride!! Keith promised to take me to Silverwood later this summer and I can ride all the roller coasters I want :) Isn't he the best?
MGM Grand Lion Cubs
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Rylan is kissing his baby sister